Tough Dog’s award winning Foam Cell shock is our best selling shock for all round performance. Whether you head bush on the occasional weekend or for the majority of the year, Foam Cell shocks will handle your application.
The ‘Foam Cell’ that makes all the difference is a micro-cellular foam insert that helps to drastically reduce the effects of shock fade, allowing your shocks to perform better for longer, even on the harshest of corrugations. Cavitation and Aeration are the undoing of any shock absorber. As the shock is worked harder, the oil and gas in the outer chamber begins to mix and form bubbles, lowering the viscosity of the oil. When this aerated oil passes through the valve, there is reduced resistance, stopping the shock form performing correctly. The Foam Cell insert, with its trapped gas micro cells takes up the empty space in the shock normally taken up by air or nitrogen gas. This eliminates the possibility of bubbles forming, allowing the shock to get on with the job with an unparalleled resistance to shock fade.
- Twin tube design
- High temperature, all weather oil
- 18mm, double chrome-plated rod
- Additional welding on all studs & eyerings
- Multi stage Velocity Sensitive Valving
- Rod wiper seal and multi lip seal
- Hydraulic rebound stop
- 2 Year/40,000km warranty in 0-50mm applications. (conditions apply)
- 1 Year/20,000km warranty in 50mm or higher applications. (conditions apply)